Providing Basic Needs
We provide food, rent, utility, and support services aimed at returning families and individuals to self-sufficiency. As we help relieve the overwhelming stress that comes from the lack of basic needs, those in crisis are better able to work towards self-sufficiency.
- Intensive case management
- Employment assistance
- Individual/Group Counseling (enrolled clients only)
- Transportation assistance
- Referrals provided to community resources
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have photo ID, proof of address, income verification and must fall within the HUD income guidelines
- Must have a vacate notice or eviction notice to qualify for rent/mortgage assistance. For mortgage assistance, must be at least two months in arrears. A letter from the mortgage company is required stating that the client is in arrears.
- Must have a cut-off notice for utility assistance.
- For Veteran program must provide DD-214
- For AIDS Ministry program must show current proof of HIV + status
- For the Villa, must be homeless and provide documentation of homeless status. Mothers with more than three children and older than the age of eight cannot be supported.
The Lewis and Joan Lowenstein Foundation Pan De Vida Food Pantry is located in Catholic Charities Guadalupe Center, 326 South Jensen Drive, Houston, Texas 77006
Bay Area Basic Needs Center
1300-A Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas 77058
Texas City Basic Needs Office
712 5th Avenue, Texas City, Texas 77590
Galveston Basic Needs Office
4700 Broadway, Suite F-103, Galveston, Texas 77551