Our professional counselors help guide you as you work through life’s most challenging problems with family, mental-health and counseling services, which encompass individual, couples, group and family sessions as well as preventive and educational services for adults and children.
The Counseling Services program provides individual, couple and family counseling, as well as workshops/presentations for men, women and children. These services are provided by licensed clinicians who hold Master’s degrees and a variety of state licenses and credentials. These include marriage and family therapists, clinical social workers, and professional counselors. Bilingual staff members are available to meet a growing need for Spanish language counseling in the community.
The counseling staff of Catholic Charities is able to provide support, guidance, and insight for:
- Couples, premarital and marriage counseling to strengthen relationships
- Individuals who have experienced loss, trauma, or life changes
- Families seeking a better way to communicate.
- Youth dealing with peer pressure or bullying
- Parents who need guidance raising children with behavioral issues
- Individuals struggling with anger or anxiety
- Families adjusting to separation or divorce
- People who feel sad and alone
- Adults and youth coping with life’s daily stresses
- Caregivers supporting mentally ill and physically challenged loved ones
The program is open to all children, families, singles and couples regardless of race, religion or socioeconomic status.
While there is a fee for the Counseling services, we do work on a sliding scale. The sliding scale fees are based off a family’s income and will be assessed when making an appointment. We are also able to accept some insurance plans.
Counseling services are provided at the following locations:
Central Houston: Moran Health Center, 2615 Fannin St., Houston, TX 77002
West Houston: St. John Vianney Catholic Community, Social Ministry Office, 625 Nottingham Oaks Trail, Houston, TX 77079
Fort Bend County: 12300 Parc Crest Dr., Stafford, TX 77477
Spring: St. Ignatius Loyola Catholic Church, 7810 Cypresswood Dr., Spring, TX 77379
Christ the Good Shepherd Catholic Church, 18511 Klein Church Road, Spring, TX 77379
Ernesto Lopez, Jr., NCC, LPC-S, Director Intake Line: 713-874-6590, Option 2
Contact the Family Counseling Intake line at 713-874-6590 or 866-649-5862 for more information and to schedule an appointment at any counseling location.